Health Advice and Local Support Services
If you are a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smart phone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, see results, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already use the SystmOne online service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
Local Support Services
There are so many wonderful services, groups and charities locally who can support and help you...but it can feel overwhelming trying to find them and if you don't know what's out there you don't even think to look!
For example...did you know...
- There is community transport which can help you get out and about
- There are lots of interest and social groups locally
- There is support to stop smoking
- There is support providing advice around healthy eating / living
- There are charities who can help you with your hearing aids
- There are organisations who can help you complete complicated forms you may have received, or can help identify if there are any benefits you could apply for to help you
- There are support groups for people living with a wide range of different medical conditions and their family e.g. Dementia, Cancer, Diabetes, Carers
- The list goes on and on
Social Prescriber - Care Navigator - Sign Poster - Service Finder
We are fortunate to have a Social Prescriber at Whitley House. She has a wealth of knowledge about local services and can sign post you to what is available - call reception and ask for a phone call or appointment with herWe are fortunate to have a Social Prescriber at Whitley House. She has a wealth of knowledge about local services and can sign post you to what is available call reception to ask for a phone call or appointment with her.
Please click here to see a poster of what she can help with!
Dementia Support Clinics
The Alzheimer's Society offer free practical and emotional monthly support clinics at the surgery. These are run by their Family Navigator Service who are able to offer tailored information and advice and link you up with local professionals and services. For more information and an appointment please contact reception.
Local Support Services
Please click here to view a Local Directory of Services to find out about a wide range of local services that can support our patients
and click here for a list of Local Luncheon Clubs
and click here for further information about Active Health - an iniative to get you more active Active Health poster.pdf
and click here for further information about Heart and Sole - a gentle walking group Heart and Sole Walks Chelmsford.pdf
Community Agents Essex
Community Agents Essex is a countywide network of agents and volunteers who support older people and informal carers to find and develop independent living solutions from within their local community.
It is an innovative new partnership:
- Promoting health and independence
- Reducing social isolation
- Finding practical solutions to daily living
- Providing confidential trusted Information
- Informing choice and reducing confusion
- Increasing individual and community resilience
Healthwatch is an independent voice for the people of this area. They gather and represent your views about health and care services in the county to help improve them. They are also there to provide advice and information about health and social care services locally.